Throughout both elementary school and middle school, I had very little knowledge of technology. I only learned the basics which were typing, using internet, Microsoft paint, and maybe a few others. It was not until high school where I really learned about technology. However, I did not learn about it from my teachers, I pretty much taught myself. If I could send the staff from my high school a brief message it would be that they need to use their technological resources to everyone’s advantage.
If teachers had their students turn in papers online, create online blog discussions, or had tests and homework online, they would be preparing students for college. I feel as if I was thrown into the world of technology in college. If I was better prepared with technology I feel as if I would not be as overwhelmed. If technology was used in every classroom, students would become more cultured in the field.
I believe that a lot of technology is going to be used when I am a pediatric hematologist/ oncologist. I will need to know how to access patients’ charts, which are kept on a computer program. I will need to know how to read MRIs and CAT Scans, which are done digitally. I will need to know how to read patients vitals, which involve a bunch of technologically advanced machines. My schooling at Oakland University just in this short amount of time has taught me a lot about basic technology. I believe that as I further my education I will get an even better understanding of technology. I think once I get into medical school, I will begin to understand more about what is expected of me to know. I will become more technologically advanced as my education progresses.
I feel as if I do write better in a more relaxed setting. I believe this is because there is not as much stress on perfection. In a blog, you have the choice of stating your opinion with your own little twist on it. You don’t have to have the exact right words for everything to make sense. Typing is also a lot easier than writing with pen and paper because the words just seem to flow easier.
If I were a science teacher, I would use the internet and the computer as my means of all assignments, tests, and quizzes. It almost seems as if we learn better when we are on the computer. I believe that students would feel more independent by doing this. I would still have labs and what not in the classroom, but then the students would have to turn in a lab report online. I would post videos and articles online for the students. By doing this, we could then have class discussions rather than having the students sit in class the whole hour doing homework and not really learning much. By discussing the students are becoming more socially advanced. By using the internet as a tool, students become better prepared for their futures.
The tone of this reading piece was that as technology is increasing, society needs to be increasing its skills. As career fields become more advanced, so does the technology used. I agree with the thesis because all careers keep advancing and if they advance, the people working them need to, too. The better everyone is keeping up with the technology changes, the better job advances people will get. There is no saying what type of jobs we’re going to have in the future, all we can hope for is that the children of this generation and generations to come will keep up with the times. By doing this they will be better prepared for the careers of the future
No comments:
Post a Comment